Monday, April 11, 2011

A stitch in time..

save's 9 but a tension square saves 3 years! 

Many moon's ago, whilst waiting the arrival of Tino, I made a jumper for Rémi, at that time aged 3.  Despite meticiously following the instruction for the age 4 size, it came out age 6 size!  I have to admit, I didn't do my tension square.  The thing is, when I decide to knitt something and i get all the wool etc I just want to get going!  Now depending on how the tension square works out, one may or may not have to change needle size.  As the only 'wool shop' in Chamonix doesn't stock wool, knitting or crochet needles, this can be problematic.  Anyways, Rémi is now big enough to fit the jumper, and looks rather dapper in it, don't you think?  
I made the teddy bears with odd bits of wool and using the model from http://www.motherbearproject.org/
They are very easy to do.  If anyone would like to make one or two for the project please let me know and we can send them off as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment