Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yarn Along - A little catching up...



It's been a while since I last joined in for a Yarn Along.  My needles haven't completely been in summer hibernation but they've definitely been putting their 'tips' and enjoying a rest.
However, I've finally finished my Nordic Trail Vest - with a little arm hole modification.  The arm was meant to be in the same rib as the front bands but I just couldn't seem to pick up the correct number of stitches, which made the arm hole too tight.  I opted in the end for one row of backwards single crochet (I think it's called scallop stitch).


As it's getting a bit chilly here in the mornings  I've been wearing it quite a bit - no photo's of it been worn I'm afraid - I'm three months into growing out a pixie cut and lets just say every day is a bad hair day!!


And I had just enough yarn left to do the sole's for a pair of slippers.


My Favorite Things Scarf is coming along slowly, just added these owls and am thinking of an abstract motif next in pink and purple.


Also made this little guy for my little guy.  Must admit, I don't enjoy sewing all those little pieces together at the end.

Currently on my night stand is A Tale of Two Cities which I'm quite enjoying.  Found the first chapter a little tough going but now the characters are a bit more established I'm getting in to it.  I'm also being inspired by Junk Genius and Rediscovered Treasures.


As you can see it's not really a night stand - it an old box.  It was the kids outdoor toy box but they have this annoying habit of not putting their toys away - (they throw them into the sand pit at the end of the day, at least that's something) so I reclaimed it - sanded it down, put on a coat of clear varnish and voila!


Linking up with Ginny for Yarn Along, what are you knitting and reading this week?

12 comments:

  1. Love your vest...it looks so cozy! I am wanting to start one of those scarves! Yours looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vest the colours are beautiful and just perfect for the Autumn. Your scarf is a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful vest! It really is perfect for the upcoming Fall season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful knits! Wonderful colors and delightful gifts! :) Love your repurposed nightstand/bookshelf... Enjoy these late summer days! ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have project notes on ravelry? Love the vest

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box/table is just perfect for that spot. Love your knitting, my goodness you are so talented.
    Hugs,
    Merediht

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on not enjoying the sewing up of pieces, that's why I will search for top down and no sewing! Love your vest, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that vest, just beautiful. And your other knits are lovely too.

    I am growing out my short hair, so I totally get where you are coming from :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vest is beautiful. So glad you are enjoying wearing it. Your other knits are great too. I love the updates on the scarf. I have had short hair for many years mainly because I just can't stand it every time I try to grow it out. I can sympathize with your hair woes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't say your needles have been in hibernation you have knitted lots of lovely things! I love the vest the colours are gorgeous :)

    Your night stand is wonderful, I am not sure I would managed to keep it so tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous vest Emma! I'm impressed by all of your knitting! Bravo! Love the night stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours in your vest! - beautiful. And after admiring all of your projects I am unconvinced that your needles have had a summer rest ;-) I love the slippers. They'll look cozy parked by your gorgeous bedside table!

    ReplyDelete